March 19, 2017
Surprise! We get to talk about our favorite Pokemon from previous VGC formats and share small glimpses about each one. Before zipping back-and-forth through time, we cover announcements about Latin America's International and Japan's Battle Competition qualifier series. In addition, we address concerns regarding problems the International Championships are facing.
- 00:00 Oceania Coverage Sampler
- 03:13 Latin America International
- 12:01 Different Problems Everywhere
- 18:45 Japan's Battle Competition
- 30:47 Favorite Competitive Pokemon
March 10, 2017
Nintendo Switch is here! Jon Hu returns to talk about the new console, experiences at the Collinsville Regional, and his Top 8 match against newly crowned Regional Champion Alex Underhill. There is also an International happening which we mostly forgot about, but that's okay.
- 0:00:00 Nintendo Switch
- 0:13:53 No International Stream
- 0:23:03 Sheffield Regional
- 0:31:33 Shocking Showdown
- 0:50:39 Collinsville Regional
- 1:05:39 Glitches & Draws
March 2, 2017
Several major events are on the horizon. We cover a variety of topics after crossing the midway point of the season, including upcoming Regionals, their corresponding stream teams, and of course, the International in Australia. The pressure is on so prepare for your next big tournament.
- 00:00 Post-ONOG Invitational
- 11:47 Official Streams x2
- 19:12 Sao Paulo Challenge
- 22:30 Halfway There
- 31:03 Pressure vs Fun
- 37:00 Expectations
- 50:43 Melbourne & Random Talk
February 24, 2017
Giovanni Costa provides a boost to the show as we discuss the Anaheim Regional, the ONOG Invitational, and all sorts of fun things about the Internationals. On a related note, don't forget to have fun playing Pokemon! The CP Train is leaving the station so hop on for this week's episode.
- 00:00 ONOG Invitational
- 12:53 Travel Awards are Here
- 21:13 All Aboard
- 32:42 Fun with Eevee
- 48:04 Anaheim Regional
- 57:38 Big Summer Announcements
February 9, 2017
Justin Crubaugh joins us on The Hyper Voice to talk about an Online Competition and a new resource in QR Code Teams. We also cover our recent MSS and the International happening in Melbourne in just a few short weeks.
- 00:00 February's Online Competition
- 09:03 QR Code Teams Available
- 15:49 Illinois MSS
- 36:56 Tournament Play
- 44:11 Structure of Internationals
February 2, 2017
Tommy Cooleen joins the cast this week as we discuss new forums, NPA, and Pokemon Bank. We then take a look at Battle Spot usage stats and the current CP standings roughly halfway through the season.
- 00:00 NPA Season 6
- 12:00 Pokemon Bank Released
- 20:19 Battle Spot Usage
- 32:30 Stacking Fairies
- 42:03 Season Standings Update
- 53:08 Tapu Bulu
January 25, 2017
Jake Muller makes an appearance as we spend a majority of this episode talking about time and the Internationals. We try to pinpoint where the North American International might be held and also cover other things related to the current format.
- 00:00 Over in England
- 03:42 Melbourne Challenge
- 10:13 Favorite Thing About the Format
- 15:43 All About Clocks
- 31:54 A Notable Duo
- 41:22 International Locations
January 20, 2017
Chris Danzo hops on the show to discuss the Georgia and Germany Regionals and several of the metagame changes. Even though VGC 2017 is in full swing, some key parts are still missing. Pokemon Bank remains in hiding but at least the third International Championship has been revealed.
- 00:00 Going Down to Georgia
- 10:53 Powerful Fairy Moves
- 17:52 Attendance
- 22:38 Taste of Germany
- 28:47 Stranger Things
- 39:37 What's Different?
- 57:56 Bank & Brazil
January 5, 2017
Happiny New Year! We're back with a short recap of the Dallas Regional that occurred over the holidays. We talk about some of the players and Pokemon they used to find success. Time to get the show rolling in 2017!
- 00:00 A New Year
- 05:27 Dallas Regional
- 16:51 Bug Wars
- 24:12 Dealing with Kartana
December 23, 2016
Regional Champion Gavin Michaels joins the cast to talk about his recent victory in San Jose. We ask him about his team building process, some of his matches at the tournament, and the growth of competitive Pokemon. The focus then shifts to how you are qualifying for Worlds and why that might matter in the end.
- 00:00 Gavin's Team
- 15:32 The Rematch
- 22:31 Team Building Adjustments
- 25:55 Move Choices & Underrated Pokemon
- 36:42 Keeping Time, Keeping Players
- 46:33 Melbourne & Worlds